July 18-26, 2009
On Facebook Pages Around the Globe
Click to see pictures and read the results from this event!
“Just Do One Thing” to Increase Sarcoma Awareness!
July 18-26 is International Sarcoma Awareness Week. Wouldn’t it be great if a bunch of people on Facebook spread the word about sarcoma during that week? Well, that’s what this event is about! You are invited to “just do one thing” to increase sarcoma awareness on Facebook from July 18-26. It’s easy!
- RSVP that you are going to “attend” the Facebook event
(there is an RSVP button on the side of our Facebook Event Page).
- We’ll send you a reminder in July.
- Then choose from the options below to participate!
Of course, you might want to do more than one thing. We’ll leave that up to you. Here is a list. Remember, you only have to choose one!
- Donate your status for at least one day from July 18-26 in support of Team Sarcoma. Your status message can be fun, serious, creative, or straightforward. So, for example, your status message could be: It’s International Sarcoma Awareness Week: http://www.team-sarcoma.net/
- Use a “Team Sarcoma Sticker” as your profile picture at least one day during July 18-26.
- Share “A Forgotten Cancer” video on your wall during July 18-26.
- Invite your friends to join the Team Sarcoma group on Facebook.
- Use Facebook to let your friends know about a local event and see if they’ll join you there.
- Post something about your experience with sarcoma on your Wall with a link to http://team-sarcoma.net
That’s it! Want to join us? Just RSVP on this page!
Saturday, July 18 – Sunday, July 26 2009
Anywhere you are . . .
UPDATE: 108 people skipped and sipped for sarcoma in this event!
This is not a traditional “event,” but is something everyone can participate in to raise awareness about Sarcoma and support much needed sarcoma research. Just as “Sarcoma Knows No Borders”, the range of people who can participate in Do Your ‘S’ for Sarcoma activities is limitless.
• Choose any event/activity that starts with “S”
• Register – contact Iryna.Kushnir@nbf.ca or phone Iryna at 1780 412-6625
• Wear your Team Sarcoma bracelet as you participate around the last two weeks in July.
Go to www.pigeonlakepedal.com and click on Team Sarcoma to see 2008 ‘S for Sarcoma’ participants Scrambling, Swinging, Sleeping, Swigging & Stretching for Sarcoma while wearing their bracelets to unite them with the thousands of other Team Sarcoma participants from around the world in this INTERNATIONAL TEAM SARCOMA AWARENESS WEEK EVENT.
Choose one of the ‘S’ activities listed or come up with your own new idea for an ‘S’ activity. Participate in a group or by yourself – but make sure to record it with a photo and send it to Iryna to be added to the 2009 photo gallery (Deadline August 28, 2009) – and have an opportunity to be featured on the International Team Sarcoma website. Donations go to the Kids with Cancer Society.